What if you could become the supermodel for a brand you love? What would it mean to be the STAR, the center of attention?
In a recent event I attended in NYC, VOLVO understood the key to GREAT MARKETING. The SUPERSTAR is NOT THE PRODUCT! The SUPERSTAR is the client.
Yes, I became a Volvo SUPERSTAR for about 10 seconds… I had a great time filming this short video but most importantly, I felt seen.
In the meantime, Volvo got me to:
- Sit in their car
- Pose for them
- Promote their video in my social media platform
- Write a blog about them (I’m doing this freely)
So what is the lesson here?
Every product or service EXISTS for the simple reason that there is a client out there who NEEDS them for one reason or another. Understanding that putting the CLIENT at the forefront of the message, the campaign, the outreach is the most effective way to engage with your desired market.
Making your clients or prospect clients become the messengers for your brand is probably the most effective and the one that requires the least investment. So, how can you follow VOLVO’s example?
Here are three ways you can apply this strategy to your marketing plan:
- MEET YOUR AUDIENCE WHERE THEY ARE: No, really, this is not a metaphor. Go where your audience is and help them EXPERIENCE your brand. What if you are a service provider and it’s not that easy? Offer free consultations or samples of your services at conferences and events, give them a taste of what you offer.
- MAKE YOUR CLIENT THE STAR: Having a video with your product is not feasible? Then make a video interviewing your clients. Ask them to talk about their experience with your brand.
- BE CREATIVE: You can tell by this video that I was not taking this too seriously nor was VOLVO. Have fun with it! What is a creative way you can have your prospect clients engage with your brand?
The one ingredient YOU MUST bring to your marketing strategy is FUN. When you are having fun, you become contagious! Play with it and let others play with you!