You have your signature talk! Now what? Let me share with you 5 ways to monetize your talk…
Congratulations! You have been featured on some of the most coveted stages in the world. Perhaps it’s a TED, TEDx, 99U, SXSW or other prestigious events, and if you are a professional speaker, this exposure will only propel your career forward.
But what if it’s not propelling your career forward at the rate at which you’d hoped?
What if you are thinking, what other ways can I leverage this exposure in ways that do not require my time or the need to travel?
As a strategist, TEDx organizer, communications coach, and entrepreneur I work with the “before the stage” phase as well as the “after the stage” phase of speaker experience. While reaching some of these stages can feel like climbing a mountain, designing how you will use this opportunity to expand your message, grow your business, and grow your capacity to impact is the most exciting side of this experience.
So, here are 5 ways that you can monetize your talk and examples of people who have done just that:
- Turn your talk into a book proposal and get a publishing contract
- Now, this option is not for everyone, BUT if you have the background and experience to attract this kind of attention then go for it. I have a client who did just that and 12 months after his talk was released he landed a $1.5 million dollar book advance from a prestigious editorial house.
- Turn your talk into a training program
- We all know Brene Brown. Her talk has been watched over millions of times. She started with a TEDx talk and shortly after landed a TED talk as well. It not only propelled her career forward as a speaker and author (she published a few books around her talks), she also launched a full training program where she teaches her methodology around the DARING WAY and certifies professionals. www.thedaringway.com.
- Turn your talk into books
- Brene Brown has done this, but so have Simon Sinek and many other speakers.
- Turn your talk into a coaching program
- Your talk is a about your CORE IDEA and the essence of your work. People who buy into your IDEA want to be guided into bringing this IDEA into their life and work.
- Let your TALK rebrand your company
- Working on your talk (even if you never deliver it) can be a transformative experience. One of my clients experienced just that when she realized that once she delivered her talk, that her company of 16 years had evolved, but her brand was constricting her. The writing and preparation for her talk was the catalyst, not just for a rebrand of the company, but for a whole expansion to new products, services, and markets.
So if you are ready to make this “TALK OF YOUR LIFE” come INTO your life and take over your work, then let’s talk. With my team, this is exactly what we do, and we would love to help you figure out how to build your model. Simply answer a FEW QUESTIONS and book a FREE CLARITY CALL to begin monetizing your talk.